Sunday, January 19, 2014

English pubs

Today we went to a English pub to have Sunday lunch called the Red Door. It was built in the 1600s.
 It was really cool  as it was really old and had beams which held the celling up. The ceiling was really low. People must have been small back then.
One of my favourite things was the coat cupboard that was disguised as part of the wall. The food was pretty awesome. So my rating for the red house is an 7 1/2 out of 10. :)  pretty yum.. We had Yorkshire puds and gravy.. wow.. so nice.

1 comment:

Margie said...

Love this too, Morgs!
We had Yorkshire pudding on Saturday when Mike cooked some scrummy roast beef. We love it! When I was growing up, Mum would sometimes bake one as a dessert and we'd put golden syrup on it (no gravy then of course!) and we'd eat it as a pudding. My mouth's watering as I remember it. It was called 'Batter Pudding'.
We once lived in a house with very low doorways and my dad was always banging his head on the door frame. As he was very bald there was no hair to protect him, either! Give my love to Sally when you see her. Lots of love to you, Mum and Lilly - Margie xxx